Announcing the first public release of QuiXML 0.0.0
QuiXML Copyright (c) 2003 Sean O'Dell
Released under the GNU General Public License

I've been a big fan of Sean Russell's REXML library for awhile now, but
an internal project in which I embedded the Ruby interpreter required
certain features in an XML library I couldn't quite get out of any one
of the existing API's out there, so I wrote QuiXML.

I've been using the code for quite awhile now, so it should be pretty
solid, but I could use testers and I invite everyone to comment on both
the usefulness of the library, the quality of the code and the
readability of the documentation.

What is QuiXML?
===============

QuiXML is an XML library for Ruby written in C, utilizing the expat
library for parsing XML string buffers.  It's very fast.

It uses only Ruby native data structures to store its XML data
internally, so there is no "built-in" way to create XML trees; how they
are generated is completely open.

The library both parses and generates XML, automatically performing
pretty printing and encoding/decoding special characters (<, >, &, ',
and ").

Transmutations to/from attribute string values and Ruby objects can
occur when reading/writing XML, allowing for a limited degree of object
marshaling.

Element path addressing makes it easy to find one or more nodes using
literal strings, regular expressions or any other object which supports
Ruby case-equality to match against XML node names and attributes.

More Information
================

QuiXML's Home Page:
     http://quixml.rubyforge.org/

Download QuiXML here:
     http://rubyforge.org/download.php/67/quixml-0.0.0.tar.gz

The QuiXML API:
     http://quixml.rubyforge.org/DOC.html

See the RAA entry for QuiXML:
     http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=quixml

Final Thoughts

My thanks to Matz and everyone in the Ruby community.  I wish I could
contribute more.  Enjoy!

	Sean O'Dell