Kurt M. Dresner graced us by uttering:
> I want a Perl CGI script that will run a Ruby CGI script.  The
> admins of the webserver I'm trying to use tell me I can't use
> Ruby but I can use Perl.

You'd have to elaborate on this a bit more.  For one, *why*
can't you use it?  Because they say so?  Because it's not present
on the server?  Because it's not approved for CGI use on the web
server?  Because there isn't enough industry pressure for them to
bother allowing/enabling Ruby CGI scripts?  Or because they
didn't know what you were talking about?

(To find out, ask to talk to THE Admin.  There is always ONE (1)
Administrator; he's the guy everyone points to when there's a
problem.  He's also often the only one who really knows what's
going on and all the factors involved.  Ask to talk to "The
System Administrator."  That's my best advice.)

If it's only because they say so, well, don't get me started.

> I don't really know much Perl.  Is there a Perl script that
> will just pass the parameters to a Ruby CGI script and then
> print the output as if it were its own?  That would be kinda
> useful.  :o)

If you can't convince them to let you use Ruby CGI directly, and
you can't switch hosts, my advice is (at the risk of being
flamed) the dreaded: Learn Perl.  No, Perl doesn't scale as well,
and lacks some of the niceties of Ruby, but if it needs to be
that scalable, it shouldn't be CGI.

</asbestos>

HTH,
Tim Hammerquist
--
ANIME LAW OF DEMONIC CONSISTENCY
  Demons and other supernatural creatures have at least three eyes,