On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 06:12:02AM +0900, Kurt M. Dresner wrote:
> I want a Perl CGI script that will run a Ruby CGI script.  The admins of
> the webserver I'm trying to use tell me I can't use Ruby but I can use
> Perl.  I don't really know much Perl.  Is there a Perl script that will
> just pass the parameters to a Ruby CGI script and then print the output
> as if it were its own?  That would be kinda useful.  :o)

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
exec("ruby","otherprog.rb")

But this is a pointless exercise... if you have the Ruby interpreter
installed then you might as well just make it a Ruby script in the first
place. It will save the cost of starting up a useless Perl interpreter for
every request. And if this is a *policy* issue ("Ruby is installed but you
are not allowed to use it for CGIs") then the above code flouts the policy
just as badly.

Regards,

Brian.