> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was just wondering... Is there any place where Ruby's Regex
> > capabilities are described?
> >
> > E.g. it seems that /\w{3}/ matches at least three consecutive characters,
> > but I do not seem to be able to locate any exact documentation on this.
> >
> > Any idea's?
>
> Pickaxe is your best friend (ideally, the hardcopy). Some information may be
> found here:
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/tut_stdtypes.html
>
> Scroll down to "Regular Expressions" sections.
>
> Gennady.

There is certainly a lot of information there, but I have the feeling
that there are things not discussed. My example "r {m}" is not mentioned
as such, but works anyway.

A better example would have been /o . I have seen it being used, but it
is not documented. If it does what I've been told it does, it is good to
know about.

Another is /(?: ...)/ . It seems to work, but also is not documented.
Aparently the Pickaxe book is not exhaustive.

As I am currently reading "Mastering Regular Expressions", I started
wondering what exacly is or is not supported by Ruby.

    Ronald.