Hi,

I've snagged the Ruby Nutshell book (which is jam-packed full of stuff that
I currently can't decipher), and have another book on the way from Amazon
soon.  I'm trying to be patient, to go through the docs, and to leave you
more adept folks alone until I can at least ask some non-tedious questions.
But I have this nagging issue that I really want to find out about NOW, and
I'm hoping someone will have a little mercy on a newbie.

Namely:  I've seen references to "self-compiled" Ruby files.  What does that
mean, or, where do I read up on it?

Thanks!

- dan, slinking back into the kiddie pool