From: Dave Thomas <Dave / PragProg.com>
Subject: Re: Ruby newbie Q: Do I have a damaged copy of PickAxe
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:23:37 +0900

> Converting the book fro the original LaTeX proved to be harder than I
> expected, as none of the conventional tools worked with our markup. As
> a result, I had to write the conversion scripts myself. After 2-3 weeks
> off charge, I simple ran out of time to implement the conversions from
> PIC and PSTricks to .png for the figures. Hence, the figures are
> missing in the online version. Nothing sinister.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave

Hi Dave !

 Thank you for your reply and for the PickAxe, of course !

 I haven't thought of anything "sinister" while figuring out, wether I
 have got a damaged copy or an "intentionally without figures"-copy of
 the PickAxe...with "intentionally" I meant "the opposite of
 'accidentally'". My English isn't that good, since it isn't my
 mother's tongue.

 Please apologize if my words sounds negatively in any way -- it
 wasn't meant that way...

 Kind regards,
 Meino

   "With any programming language it is possible to write Fortran programs..."

														 -- unknown --