On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 09:52:01PM +0900, David Corbin wrote:
> > Perl's Inline::Ruby may help you if you're happy to do things the
> > other way around.
> Cool, but it seems to me the real payback would be the reverse.

It seems that it may not be too difficult to make the reverse happen.
Inline::Ruby actually works both ways around, in that you can pass a
Perl subroutine reference to any Ruby method, and it will be
automagically turned into a Proc object which Ruby can then call.

Unlike most of the other Inline modules for Perl, Inline::Ruby can also
work standalone, and has an interface for rb_eval(), rb_call_function(),
rb_call_class_method(), rb_call_instance_method()  etc..

I don't know enough Ruby yet to know how this could be used, but it
seems that, as a worst case, someone could wrap this up to use the Shell
approach that Mark Wilson posted, and hide the nastiness from users.

Tony