On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 04:38 PM, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

> Do you know, wether the pickaxe (the english original) has "missing
> figures" intentionally or whether I simply had used thr wrong link for
> downloading ?

Converting the book fro the original LaTeX proved to be harder than I
expected, as none of the conventional tools worked with our markup. As
a result, I had to write the conversion scripts myself. After 2-3 weeks
off charge, I simple ran out of time to implement the conversions from
PIC and PSTricks to .png for the figures. Hence, the figures are
missing in the online version. Nothing sinister.

Cheers

Dave