> for some days I work with Ruby 1.6.8 and Apollo 0.636 to use GUI
> component of Delphi 6. This works, but I can't find any describtion or
> help (except the samples). Exist any description in english language?

i don't think so, most of the apollo users are japanese speaking, and it
follows delphi close enough, except in cases usually illustrated in the
samples.

> For example: I create an an input mask for a password with MaskEdit,
> but the method PasswordChar = '*' does not work:
> --> undefined method `passwordchar=' for #<Phi::MaskEdit
> Does anybody know the correct method?
>
> edit_pw = Phi::MaskEdit.new(form2, :edit_pw)
> edit_pw.text = ''
> edit_pw.left = 130
> edit_pw.top = 50
> edit_pw.width = 110
> edit_pw.height = 15
> edit_pw.passwordchar = '*'

try "edit_pw.password_char".
throughout the library, the delphi method MethodName is converted to
method_name
it seems to accept only ascii values though, so this may be a bug worth
reporting.

> If I tried the following script it works, but I can't build a working
> EXE file with Exerb
>
> require 'phi'
> include Phi
> form = Component._load DATA.read
>
> form.show
> mainloop
>
> __END__
> object Formx: TForm
>   object eKennwort: TMaskEdit
>     Left = 12
>     Top = 22
>     Width = 185
>     Height = 21
>     PasswordChar = '#'
>   end
> end
>
> After the EXE file --> require 'phi'
> require 'dialogs'
> include Phi
>
> form = Component._load DATA.read
>
> form.show
> mainloop
>
> __END__
> object Formx: TForm
>   object eKennwort: TMaskEdit
>     Left = 12
>     Top = 22
>     Width = 185
>     Height = 21
>     PasswordChar = '#'
>   end
> end
>
> Starting EXE --> uninitialized constant DATA

i'm not sure, but you should check that ruby_ap.exe instead of apollo.exe
runs the script. (component data doesn't work with apollo.exe). subscribe
and ask on apollo-talk / lists.sourceforge.jp. it hasn't been active for a
while, but someone may give you a better answer.

greets
Peter