On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 02:21:41 +0900, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:09:15AM +0900, Simon Strandgaard wrote:
>> I am writing some docbook documentation, If I understand correct
>> a local catalog.xml file can both avoid hardcoding in makefiles, plus
>> speed up if the stylesheet+dtds is located on the local machine.
>>
>> Has any of you made a ruby script which can generate catalog.xml,
>> out from where the stylesheet+dtds is localy located ?
>
> No but I can point you to libxml2 where xmlcatalog utility resides. Look
> at how it operates and you'll be able to write the same in Ruby easily.

The xmlcatalog tool only confuses one more than it helps.
I like its idea of a shell where you can query on any catalog.xml file,
unfortunatly xmlcatalog query interface is insufficiently and ackward.
A Ruby replacement would be nice.

I have written a short tutorial on how to setup a DocBook environment
which uses catalog.xml, it should approxmately take 15 minutes.

http://aeditor.rubyforge.org/mini_docbook.html

Please review and comment on it.

--
Simon Strandgaard