Saluton!

* Dave Thomas; 2003-08-22, 19:04 UTC:

> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 02:31 AM, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>
> >>class << self
> >>end
> >
> >It's a standard idiom - not one of my favourites, but there you go
> >- and I'm sure any update to the pickaxe will mention it.
>
> Perhaps on page 252...

Please provide titles and section numbers but not pages because
there are people who

 - use an HTML version of the pickaxe

 - use a translation of the pickaxe

The former does not exclude the latter and vice versa. In the German
printed edition it is page 296 that points out that you are not
*forced* to use the '<<' idiom.

It's in chapter '19 Klassen und Objekte' ('Classes and Objects'),
subsection '19.1 Wie Klassen und Objekte interagieren' ('How Classes
and Objects Interact'), subsubsection '19.1.3 Objektspezifische
Klassen' ('Object Specific Classes').

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
LICENSE AGREEMENT: By adding my mail address to your Outlook or
Outlook Express address book you accept paying me 10 EUR for each