On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:18:49AM +0900, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> Latest StringIO (in shim for 1.6) has #binmode.
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=shim-ruby16_18

Thanks, requiring 'stringio' from Shim helped. BTW replacing cgi.rb with
one from Ruby 1.8 has the same effect, since it unconditionally requires
'stringio' and thus overwrites limited substitute from yaml.rb: can this
change be applied to the next point release of Ruby 1.6?

However, that wasn't the end of my trouble with cgi.rb read_multipart.
Now I can't upload file that is bigger than 19746 bytes, I suspect that
this has to do with switching from Tempfile to StringIO on the second
run of "until -1 == content_length" loop. It's late here in Minsk, so
I'll leave it until tomorrow to dig this deeper, if no one comes up with
a ready fix by then...

--
Dmitry Borodaenko