> I don't like it. I have some environment variables with names like
> "My-Env-Data". This is not a valid method name.
>
> And i don't now what is the real benefit of your code ?

   Well it increases the signal to noise ratio of course :)

   I find it very useful as a basis for some other uses (specialy like it
was later generalized). I haven't yet seen anything about the remote ruby
project, but I came into ruby
willing to do domething similar (if the remote ruby project doesn't already
do what I want, that is).
it's very useful to "wrap" other objects, may it be a remote object, an ole
object or whatever wrapped object could make sense in your environment. you
make a generic base class which connects to the wrapped object and queries
it,
and instead of making its methods available through generic calls
(exec_method(method_name, blablabla)) you can
write wrapped_object.method_name(blabla), and now, the same with properties
and array properties should be possible, I'm still learning how to just
print hello world, but I was meaning to get in this direction as soon as
possible (and see if it's even possible to do) this will save me a lot of
research :)

> ENV['foo'] is in my opinion much more readable. And i never count the
> time for typing my program. I write it once but read it many times.

  That's a good point, I don't think I'd use this code for this particular
task either, but the code is still useful.

Cheers..

Olivier.