Ben Giddings <ben / thingmagic.com> wrote:
> There are a lot of good ways to learn how to do things in Ruby.  I
> happen to think the Pickaxe (http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/)
> is a great place to start.  But at a certain point, it isn't enough.
> For me, when it comes to open-source languages, the next step is often
> looking at examples, in particular, the standard library.

I'd agree that this is a standard learning curve: You start with a
tutorial or with a book. You practice. You want to dig into details
and get an idea about what's common practice.

Ruby could learn from Smalltalk in this place. The library is always
present because of the browser's view of the complete class
repository. Any pattern which can't be found in the library is said to
be without example.

Cheers
Sascha