"Ben Giddings" <ben / thingmagic.com> wrote in message
news:3F450EEE.5070301 / thingmagic.com...

> This is another thing that seems strange to me.  Ruby's object
> orientation has never seemed intrusive to me.  You can write anything as
> if it were a non-OO language, and things just live in the "main"
> namespace.  I can't think of any ways in which Ruby's OO nature made it
> more difficult to do something.  Can you think of a quick example?

You can't pass a reference to function around - not without involving less
elegant Proc objects or similar.

Also I really would like delegates in Ruby - passing a reference to a method
such that it knows the class it belongs to.
This is highly useful. I know it can be implemented (an old discussion), but
it would be very nice to have in the core language.

Mikkel