Saluton!

* Gordon James Miller; 2003-08-20, 11:03 UTC:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm very interested in getting in contact with other rubyists who are
> interested in numerical methods/scientific programming.

> In particular I'm interesting in finding what's currently available
> in terms of math libraries.

Mathematical functions supported by Ruby 1.8's Math library

    acos, acosh, asin, asinh, atan, atan2, atanh, cos, cosh, erf,
    erfc, exp, frexp, hypot, ldexp, log, log10, sin, sinh, sqrt, tan,
    tanh

Additional functions provided by soon-to-be-released Extmath library

    abs, acot, acoth, beta, ceil, cosec, cosech, cot, coth, exp10,
    exp2, factorial, floor, gamma, gcd, lcm, ln_gamma, log2, pwr,
    root, sec, sech, sign, sinc, sqr

Note that factorial, gcd and lcm operate on integer arguments.

I plan to release Extmath before weekend (on Rubyforge).

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
N'attribuez jamais la malice ce que l'incompŮ’ence explique !
-- NapolŮ–n