Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Yes it is, when it comes from people who aren't trying to be helpful.  And
> as I said, I just went through a whole pack of those in comp.lang.python.

Have you ever considered that if people don't react well to you, that
maybe it's you, and not them?  I don't mean to offend, but maybe your
approach is just too aggressive/hostile.  I've found that it often pays
to lurk on a list for a while, read the archives, and get a sense of
things before posting.  That way, you avoid asking frequently asked
questions, bring up unrelated discussions.

I hope this thread dies soon.  I'm with Hal, I'd prefer to talk about
"how to do X in Ruby" or the newest RAA projects, or tweaks to Ruby's
syntax.  I think the first question was valid -- it is interesting to
hear (briefly) what drew people to Ruby, or pushed them away from other
languages.  But it has gone on too long.

Ben