Dave Thomas wrote:

.
> For what it's worth, I agree that it's an ugly situation, but wihout
> adding declarations, or adding required parentheses to every method
> call, I'm not sure how to get around it (apart possibly from getting
> rid of local variables and making them all attribute methods of the
> current binding).
>
> Regards
>
> Dave

The fact that paren's in method calls aren't required actually bothered
me initially (although i guess i've gotten used to it).  The parens make
it possible to distinguish between a var and a method call in some
instances.  What benefit is there to prefer paren's being optional
rather than required?  Of all the things that have ever bothered me
about various programming languages, typing the parens around the
argument list (possibly empty) to a function/method call is not one
that's ever bothered me in the slightest (lazy as i am).