* Brandon J. Van Every <vanevery / 3DProgrammer.com> [0830 13:30]:
> Dan Doel wrote:
> > It's merely
> > that this topic is debated quite often (probably more often than any
> > other topic), as well as
> > prone to devolving into holy wars of sorts, so it's little surprise
> > that some are unhappy when it comes up yet again.
> >
> > I agree that you can just ignore the thread entirely. I personally
> > feel bad doing that because
> > then I don't know if I can contribute or learn anything from it.
>
> But... that's cognitive dissonance.  Either these so-called "religious wars"
> aren't useful to you, or they are.  It's definitely ok to decide that
> they're not useful enough though!  That's how I feel about TV.  10% of it is
> really good.  90% of it is garbage that rots your brain, sucks you in, and
> wastes your time.  I don't get any TV channels because the 10% is not worth
> the 90%.  Recently I discovered that I can check all sorts of documentaries
> out from the public library, and now my TV utility is 110%.  It's focused on
> exactly what I want to know!
>
> > As for archival information, I'm not suggesting the Ruby FAQ, as I'm
> > sure you're correct
> > that it's out of date (especially since Python just came out with a
> > new version a month ago,
> > and updating the Python information on the Ruby site probably isn't a
> > high priority :)). I
> > was suggesting more along the lines of going to ruby-talk.org and
> > scanning through the posts from the past couple months.
>
> I will check out those archives when I want those details.
>
> In the future, I think such suggestions would be more effective if you
> include a URL to a specific, relevant post.  When someone first mentioned
> ruby-talk, they mentioned it as though everyone already knew what it was.  I
> didn't; I assumed it was some chat channel somewhere and I wasn't going to
> delve into that sort of thing.

No,it's a mailing list that all your USENET posts are showing up on.

Can you folks talk thos offline please? THis isn't an advocacy
group/list and this has gone on for days now.

--
The law will never make men free; it is men who have got to make the
law free.