On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:04:03 -0700, "Brandon J. Van Every"
<vanevery / 3DProgrammer.com> wrote (more or less):

>Sean O'Dell wrote:
 [snip]

>> The people who code at work and are locked-in to some language and
>> don't enjoy programming enough to do it in their off-time are people
>> who, I think, will have little insight to offer.  Their lack of input
>> about Ruby can be safely ignored.  =)
>
>To be honest I find that a bizarre prejudice.  People have to program both
>at work and in their leisure time to have relevant opinions?

Re-read Sean's post and I expect you'll find that is a poor summary of
what he said.

I think you'll find he meant that if they programme only in X at work,
and do not programme at home, then their viewpoint on Y 'can be safely
ignored'

Cheers,
   Euan
Gawnsoft: http://www.gawnsoft.co.sr