Michael Granger wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 04:05 PM, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>
>> But... what does it prove?  It doesn't prove that Ruby is the
>> reason. [snip]
>
> I can't imagine a circumstance in which I'd want to abandon Ruby, but
> all these damned "Python vs. Ruby" and similar messages have made me
> want to abandon ruby-talk. Could you tag any future /(Abandon|Switch)
> (to|from) (Ruby|Python)/ threads you feel compelled to start with
> '[DROSS]' in the subject or something so I can killfile them more
> easily? =;)

Whether I can or not, I won't.

> Seriously, though -- what are you trying to find out? Just playing
> Mephisto to a hypothetical Faust?

You are proving that your Ruby community is not as welcoming compared to
comp.lang.python as others have claimed.  I just went through a killfile
debacle in that crowd, which began with people who couldn't tolerate the
asking of certain legitimate questions.  You are proving my several-years
held belief that no matter how diplomatically or graciously a contentious
subject is broached, someone will come out of the woodwork and have a
problem with it.  And, it seems, on Usenet almost any subject is
contentious. ;-)

All I can say positive is at least you haven't immediately surmised me a
troll.  As for explanation of my intent, I gave it in the first post.  And I
grow tired of repeating it to people who will not accept stated intents at
face value.

I'll turn the question back to you.  Are you personally willing to assess
the pros and cons of Ruby objectively?  Although you may have already
answered, since you said you're tired of the talking.

20% of the world is real.