Hi Gordon,

Gordon James Miller wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm very interested in getting in contact with other rubyists who are
> interested in numerical methods/scientific programming.  In particular
> I'm interesting in finding what's currently available in terms of math
> libraries.

I'd be vaguely interested in this, because I've been doing a lot of numerical stuff at uni lately.

I used Ruby and BigFloat to prototype a couple of different things last semester.  This semester, I'm doing two subjects called Computational Science; one in C and the other in MatLab.  I'll probably use Ruby to prototype some of the C stuff again.

If you start up such a group, I'll certainly sign up, but whether I can contribute much, I don't know, since I'm just an interested novice in that area.

Cheers,

Harry O.