Sean O'Dell <sean / cseplsoafmt.com[remove_the_spam]> wrote:

> How many posts can you find on Google/Groups (Usenet) from people
> stating they used to program in Ruby and switched to something else?

Interesting google challenge, if nothing else :) Tried briefly, did come
across the following gem:

To summarize:
  Python's site says "You've come to our website, I bet you'd like to
    try out our language.  Learn a little about it, and try it at home!"
  Ruby's site says "You've come to our website, you probably want to
    compile the latest version or see the CVS tree.  No?  Sorry,
    please instead try our Downloads and Documents!"
  Perl's site says "Buy our T-Shirts!  And follow this link to some
    crufty Unix-centric hyper-super-dupertext documents!  Buy both
    O'Reilly books and enter to win a FREE SGI workstation!"

    -- http://tinyurl.com/kixq

martin