I've been writing a little app in Ruby using Tk,
and finally got it to a point where I could step
back and think about my next move. I decided to
take another look at Ruby/GTK to see what the API
was really like. (Glancing briefly at the
included samples a couple weeks ago, I had not
been impressed).

Anyway, after an hour of playing around with it,
I have to say I am very impressed. Armed with the
standard online GTK+ documentation and the sample
code, I was able to quickly create a main window
with a multi-column listbox, and a pop-up window
containing a scrolling text editor along with a
pushbutton.

I had really hoped that my app would work on Win
and Mac, but GTK is so much better than Tk that
I'm about to give up on my cross-platform hopes.
(Yes, I know there's work on a Windows port of
GTK).

Before I take the plunge and switch over, are
there any major bugs or missing features that I
should be aware of (I'm using v0.23)?

Thanks to Hiroshi Igarashi for doing a great job
with Ruby/GTK.

Kevin