On Monday 18 August 2003 19:20, Mark Wilson wrote:

> On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 08:58 AM, Xavier Noria wrote:
> > If instead of hiding "end"s using a special font, which anyway
> > leaves their corresponding lines there, you prefer to remove
> > everything so [snip]
>
> While I am gratified that Ruby will never use indentation as Python
> does, one could get hide the line corresponding to "end"s by
> appending "; end" to the last line of relevant code.

But that's not the standard layout, and the "; end"s are there anyway.

If you find the use of indentation to indicate blocks pleasant for
reading (I particularly prefer it since I started to study programming,
I don't actually know Python), being able to hide "end"s in the very
buffer that way may be good.

BTW, I forgot to mention this was a follow-up to

    Wish: Python-style indenting
    http://www.ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79280

-- fxn