Hi,

From: Wybo Dekker <wybo / servalys.nl>
Subject: Tk: non-default font 16 x slower
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:52:35 +0900
> When I use the default fonts in my Ruby-Tk application it takes
> 400 milliseconds to start up. When I use Helvetica or other fonts it takes
> 6400 seconds. Is there something I can do about that? Perl does not have
> that problem.

Could you tell me your environment ( Ruby version, Tcl/Tk version, OS,
and so on ) and send me your script?

Maybe the problem depends on auto-creation of font objects.
If you use the same font for many widgets, please create a TkFont
object for the font and try to give the font object to the font option
of each widgets.