Hi,

In message "Question: immutable strings as design goal?"
    on 03/08/18, Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> writes:

|Today I saw a blog by Guido van Rossum, creator of Python, on
|www.artima.com in which he criticized Ruby's mutable strings - saying
|that of such a horror he could ne'er conceive, or something :)

If mutable strings are horror, mutable dictionaries should be as well.
The one with such standard should go to side-effect free language like
Haskell. ;-)

I rarely have such problems caused by mutable strings.  Besides, Ruby
is not a language to keep people away from horror.  You can write
ugly, scary, or dangerous programs in Ruby, if you want.  It's cost
for freedom.

							matz.