On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:40:14 +0900, Rich wrote:

> I have no formal programming background - so my experience won't be the case
> with the majority of the people on this list.

 8-< snip

> That's my simple opinion.
>
> When people ask what languages I like most, I say Ruby first, OCaml a very
> close second - and no... I really have no clue how to write C or Java... and
> I really don't ever want to learn ;-).

Learning a new language never hurts:-) And by the way C is not really such
a complex language. After started writing C-extensions for Ruby (which
really is simple) I enjoy Ruby programming even more. You'll get the speed
of C when neaded, and the ease of Ruby for the rest of your program.

And I'll have to take a look at OCaml ;-)