--=-rhDxdBvGKvGBGHAvxT+F

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 19:54, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Monday, August 18, 2003, 8:35:30 AM, Aredridel wrote:
> > Definately don't forget this:
>=20
> > array.map do |e|=20
> >         "foo" << e << "foo"
> > end.sort
>=20
> > You can't chain onto the end of a block easily without a delimiter.
>=20
> Pythonistas would see that as bad style anyway.

Yes, because ["foo" + e + "foo" for e in array] is much more readable,
especially in a code otherwise written with an OO paradigm. Ugh.

(I realize that's not equivalent, but, I don't know how to do
non-in-place sorting in Python (well, without writing my own qsort
function.). But it gets my point across.)
--=20
Joe Wreschnig <piman / sacredchao.net>, bitter about Python code today

--=-rhDxdBvGKvGBGHAvxT+F

--=-rhDxdBvGKvGBGHAvxT+F--