In article <vjr7rhmq9p7e7 / corp.supernews.com>,
Lyle Johnson  <lyle / knology.net> wrote:
> Sorry for this off-topic post. Am trying to find a good (free) IRC
> client for Mac OS X. Yes, I know how to use google ;) but it seems like
> a bit of a wasteland out there, where most of the programs I'm finding
> haven't been updated for several years now.

It depends on which kind of client you want: graphical or not?

If yes, the other suggestion of XChat-Aqua[1] is a good one. There is also a
project based on the text client irssi called irssix[2] which seems promising.

If no, I run irssi[3] under screen on another machine (using iTerm to access
it) and that rocks. Connecting and disconnecting from screen is worth the
text based system.

[1] <http://xchataqua.sourceforge.net/>
[2] <http://www.gizmolabs.org/wiki/Irssix/>
[3] <http://www.irssi.org/>
--
Ollivier ROBERT   -=- Eurocontrol EEC/ITM -=-   roberto / eurocontrol.fr
Usenet Canal Historique                   FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!