Scripsit ille ?Brian Candler? <B.Candler / pobox.com>:
[...]
> Actually that's the other thing about emacs - would I be right in saying the
> documentation is in 'GNU info' format? The world did *not* need HTML
> reinventing,

info works even without a browser. Use zless (vi-like keystrokes).

> nor a browser with yet another set of keystrokes to learn!

I don't use Emacs, but... doesn't it have "info" Emacs-like keytrokes? It
at least quits on C-x C-c and has Emacs-like cursor motion. That's why I
don't use "info" - it would be a chicken-egg-problem.

But there's a solution: pinfo.

--
For the sake of who I am, I am myself. [EoE Part II, translated]