Martin Pirker wrote:
> short question: is there somewhere a comprehensive list of Ruby
> syntax-highlightning capable text editors (on Linux)?
>
> I don't care how "mainstream"[1] they are, it just has to be "good
> enough", small, simple, text terminal oriented... and with Ruby
> support :-)

C'mon... try Emacs/XEmacs...  You know you want to...

By default it doesn't have the bindings you want, but it is easy to set:

Start it up, hit alt-x, type "global-set-key", hit enter, it will prompt
you for the key sequence, simply type the key-combo you want.  For file
write the command you want is "write-file", for delete line it is
kill-line.  As for marking... I don't know exactly what you mean.

Now ruby syntax highlighting may not be installed by default, though I
think it was for me on RedHat 9 (I installed every Ruby package I could).

If you aren't completely tied to alt-w and alt-d, however, I'd recommend
you keep the default emacs key bindings.
Ctrl-K = kill-line
Ctrl-W = write-file
Alt-W  = copy-region
Alt-D  = kill-word

P.S. Who, besides me, thinks Emacs/XEmacs is a fine and dandy IDE for
doing Ruby development?  I looked at FreeRIDE a while ago and from what
I could tell it didn't offer nearly what the Emacsen did.  Are there
other IDE features it doesn't offer?

Ben