I am still using the old glimmer, I created  my own ruby
syntax-highlightning file.

http://glimmer.sourceforge.net

It seems to have some conflicts with gtk-2.
*
Features*

    * Multiple file loading.
    * New/Open/Save/Save As
    * Cut/Copy/Paste
    * Multiple level Undo/Redo
    * Tear Away windows (any file may be torn away from the main window).
    * Custom color selections.
    * Custom font selections. (Normal, Italic, Bold, Bold-Italic)
    * File, Edit, Highlight, Find, Line Number, and Command toolbars.
    * Background pixmap for editing window.
    * File information: Current line, total lines, current byte, total
      bytes, ascii value of current byte.
    * Find/Replace/Replace All, including in multiple files.
    * Insert many common text segments, including: ChangeLog entry, GPL,
      Date, Time, etc.
    * Gnome session management compliant.
    * Save the state of the program to a "Session" file for editing
      groups of files.
    * Python scripting support. Make macros and file filtering scripts,
      as well as custom menu entries!
    * Bracket Matching
    * Scriptable hooks for several events including enter-pressed and
      tab-pressed.
    * Highlighting support for: Ada, Bash/Sh, C/C++, DTML, HTML, Java,
      Latex, GNU Make, Object Caml, Perl, PHP, PO (Language
      Translation), Python, Lisp (guile, scheme, etc), SGML, SQL,
      Tcl/Tk, WML, XML, and Z80 Assembly
    * Printing support via gnome-print