Armin Roehrl <armin / xss.de> wrote:
> Thank Markus,
>> I do not know any others IDE's for Ruby. never tried the windows stuff, I
>> have only Linux.
> So do I as much as possible :-), but I think for the main-stream acceptance
> of Ruby, a solid working IDE is helpful -- at least many new Ruby
> programmers coming from the Java world seem to be obsessed by
> big IDEs.

The problem is, the windows command line is so non-functional that you
need an IDE or a unixlike shell to do anything. For java programming,
I've found the "sweet spot" IDE to be JCreator - small, light, and it
takes care of all the linking and compiling issues for me. And it's
quicker to d/l than cygwin when I have to work on a strange machine. RDE
looks good too, though I've not needed a ruby IDE yet.

martin