Armin Roehrl <armin / xss.de> wrote in message news:<oprtwv2zxlp9wr6c / mail.xss.de>...
> Hi all,
>
> 	one of the things that seems to be more important
> to the odd Java-coders than to emacs/(g)vim people seems
> to be IDEs for Ruby in the windows-world.
>
> The freeride 0.5 windows IDE does not yet support debugging.
> Is that a big fundamental problem, or can one hope that this gets fixed
> by the certainly dead busy development team in the next few
> months?
>
> What IDE would you recommend to the Windows-developer?
> Is RDE any good?
>
> I am only fishing for ideas.
>
> Thanks
>         -A.

> Armin Roehrl, http://www.approximity.com
> We manage risk

RDE is IMHO a very good Ruby IDE, it does what I want with no fuzz,
freeride looks good but I didn't like the speed or the size. I just
checked and at aug-13 was added the dll for debugging using ruby 1.8
great!, Sakazuki san arigatou gozaimasu. Eclipse IMO is a bit of a
monster but is there! I've have tried lots of possibilities, RDE is
the one, at least for me.

Give it a try
Files
Homepage