Kent Dahl [mailto:kentda+news / stud.ntnu.no] wrote:

<snip excellent explanation of a good use for the new behavior>

> Readability and expressiveness are my biggest reasons for
> using Ruby and IMHO this new feature adds to that.

The combination of the two techniques shows a good use of this that I hadn't
considered (and I may adopt it). However, I still fear that it may hurt the
readability of code for those that don't understand the distinction between
the two. Perhaps the usefulness of the technique will outweigh the need to
always explain the distinction between the two concepts, but I wish that
distinction were somehow more self-evident.

Anyhow, thanks for the great explanation, Kent.

Nathaniel

<:((><