Scripsit illa aut ille obias Peters¥© <tpeters / uni-oldenburg.de>:
> On 14 Aug 2003, Rudolf Polzer wrote:
>
> > Scripsit ille obias Peters¥© <tpeters / uni-oldenburg.de>:
> > > ncurses-ruby requires NCurses or PDCurses and will not work with
> > > vendor-specific curses libs that ship with some proprietary unix
> > > systems. Ruby's own curses binding will most likely work with these.
> >
> > Yes, but where is it documented?
> >
> > I haven't found any documentation for ncurses-ruby or 'curses'...
> > but for ncurses I have the Linux manpages and the rest was guessing.
>
> A 100 pages tutorial about NCurses programming is here:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO.pdf
>
> If you prefer reference documentation, go for the various manpages.

I don't have manpages for curses, only for ncurses. It seems to be highly
extended from curses.

> The difference between the C API and the ncurses-ruby API is documented in
> the README file (~ 4 pages) of the ncurses-ruby distribution.
>
> The API difference of the standard ruby curses binding is AFAIK not
> documented, but you will easily figure it out with sufficient NCurses
> programming knowledge.

When I do Curses.methods - Object.methods and Curses.stdscr.methods -
Object.methods in irb, I don't recognize many ncurses methods.

I'm currently trying to convert a ruby-ncurses program I wrote to
ruby-curses. And I miss MANY methods. First of all, all mv* methods.
Then it seems like I have to output text using << (I don't find many
ncurses output functions like waddstr etc.).

For example, currently I'm looking on how to do "endwin" in curses.

Supersede: I found it. But what about nodelay()/timeout()? I need
non-blocking reading from the keyboard.