kjana / os.xaxon.ne.jp (YANAGAWA Kazuhisa) wrote:
>In message <0G5W00M9VB35R7 / mta5.snfc21.pbi.net>
>sent / qualitycode.com writes:
>
>> I'm trying to work with dates as they appear in
>> email headers, but ParseDate and Time don't seem
>> to want to play with each other. First, since the
>> order of parameters is different, it's harder
>> than necessary to stuff a ParseDate result into a
>> Time.
>
>....? What version of ruby and parsedate.rb do you use?

Ruby 1.6.1 on Linux. parsedate.rb v1.2 2000-04-
01

>Does Time.gm/utc/local/mktime now accept 10 arguments and get timezone
>as 10th parameter?  On my hand, it raises an exception `ArgumentError:
>argument out of range'.  Actually they recieve only 7 parameters and
>7th parameter seems to be ignored....

Time.utc (etc) accepts 7 parameters, or ten.
That's according to 'the pickaxe book', and I
confirmed it by looking at time.c. However, I
couldn't figure out if it actually *did* anything
with the timezone parameter that is passed it. It
doesn't appear to, so far.

Kevin