On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:35:14 +0900, "jrh" <jrh / talis.com> wrote:

>I'm sure I speak for many when I say without the one-click windows installer
>I would never have got past first base with ruby.

I second that. Unlike most here, I don't have a programming background
worth of mentioning. When I needed (wanted, really) to pick up a
scripting language, the one-click installer made a huge difference.
I'd probably have ended up with Python without it, because at the time
I really didn't know what I was doing. By now, I'm using Ruby as a
"general purpose" scripting language on both my Windows and my FreeBSD
box (mostly for ascii text processing and log file analyzing).

-M.