> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:56:48 +0900, Recheis Meinrad wrote:
>

> >> Try out AEditor and tell me if AEditor works on your
> >> machine. Please report if there is any problems.
> >> Ideas + Suggestions for improvements is welcome :-)
> >>
> >> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=aeditor
> >
> > No replies ?
>
> until simon.too_many_answers?
>   wait
>   replies += 1
> end
>
> > they dont mean to ignore your post intentionally, but
> > you know, there is a really good editor distributed with ruby.
> > SciTe. That's the reason why i haven't tried AEd. I allready got
> > familiar with SciTe.
>
> Yes, SciTe is a decent editor. Hopefully one day AEditor can replace it.
> Internally SciTe is using the rich-edit-widget, Scintilla.
> Scintilla is unfortunatly written in C++ and has no unittesting.
> Otherwise its quite nice.
>
> FreeRIDE is using Scintilla as its editor-widget. I hope one day to
> entirely replace Scintilla-widget with the AEditor-widget.

I don't currently have the extra bandwidth to personally take a look AEditor
(maybe later). But I don't want to be silent either. I like what you have
done very much. Your goals are very much in line with FreeRIDE's goals and
would very much like to see someone plug it in to FreeRIDE as a replacement
for Scintilla.

Curt