Folks that are following the eXtreme Programming discussions may have
seen some debate a while back about chapter 14 in the book XP
Installed. Some people were complaining that the use of Smalltalk for
writing the examples was confusing. Ron Jeffries, one of the book's
authors, asked for alternatives.

Aleksand I independently produced almost identical pieces of code,
so we decided to join forces and give Ron a combined answer. At the
same time, Aleksproduced a wonderful XSL and Ruby-based system for
annotating the code as it evolved.

For those that are interested, a draft is available at

   http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/articles/index.html

To keep it simple, we copied the structure of the original
Smalltalk. It was amazing just how easy all of the Smalltalk concepts
were to express in Ruby.

Regards

Dave