On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:42:55AM +0900, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> (If you need a fully-functional transparently persistant object system
> with this sort of thing already implemented, lemme know, I can give you
> the code.)

I'm mostly done writing my own, except mine is db-based rather than
disk-based - although the eventual plan is to make it support multiple
persistence mechanisms. It has a cache already (to make sure you don't
get multiple instances of the same database row) and I simply wanted to
make it automatically expire once the user has finished with the
strong-ref (ie it goes out of scope). But WeakRef doesn't like you
using strong-refs, even if they subsequently go out of scope it doesn't
let the object be GC'd.

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au