Ben Giddings graced us by uttering:
> Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 10:47  PM, Tim Hammerquist wrote:
>> To liken this to natural languages, isn't this much like the
>> French condemning Latin for it's foolish practice of
>> conjugation?
>
> Naah, it's more like how teenagers are so incredibly
> embarrassed to be seen with their parents.  Sometimes the
> teenagers are overly sensitive about their parents' flaws.
> Sometimes, they are simply right.  I mean, black socks with
> flip-flops?  C'mon!

Ok, yeah, I remember my dad in that get-up.  :)

Similar to how the French might be annoyed that over
half the letters in Latin are actually pronounced.  ;)

> Perl is fun.  If there were no Ruby I'd probably still use it.
> Doing OO-ish programming in Perl... that's black socks and
> flip-flops.

Amen.  OO was really the only thing I missed in Perl when I
started looking at Ruby.  Iterators were a huge bonus!

Cheers!
Tim Hammerquist
--
Destinations are often a surprise to the destined.
    -- Thessaly, The Sandman