On Friday 08 August 2003 22:21, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
> Dmitry V. Sabanin [mailto:sdmitry / lrn.ru] wrote:
> > I have a question about TestUnit. How can i set a human-readable name for
>
> my
>
> > TestCase? I see name argument for a new, but i don't know where class
> > instance is initialized. That would be nice if i could change name of TC
>
> from
>
> > setup().
>
> I'm having trouble understanding what it is you want to change the name of.
> In Test::Unit, what happens is that your TestCase class is initialized once
> for each test that it contains. So if you have a TestCase like this:
>
>   class TC_Me < Test::Unit::TestCase
>     def test_me
>     end
>
>     def test_me_too
>     end
>   end
>
> The framework will call the constructor of your TestCase once for each
> test:
>
>   TC_Me.new(:test_me)
>   TC_Me.new(:test_me_too)
>
> Thus, the TestCase is 'named' once for each test that it contains.
>
> I'm guessing that you're asking this question because you want to change
> the output somehow... I might be able to help more if I can get a better
> feel for what you're trying to accomplish.
I want to do something similiar to, but for a test case:
  def self.suite
    suite = Test::Unit::TestSuite.new "Muravey News System Tests"
  end
  where output is:
  Loaded suite Muravey News System Tests
  Started
  FFF
  Finished in 0.008444 seconds.

  Now output for testcases is:
  1) Failure!!!
  test_get_news(TC_MNS_View_News) [./tests/test_view.rb:28]:

  I want TC_MNS_Views_News to be replaced with my own string, like in
TestSuite. If it's not possible i will live with that :)

--
sdmitry -=- Dmitry V. Sabanin
MuraveyLabs.