Chris Morris [mailto:chrismo / clabs.org] wrote:

> Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
>
> >For Windows, I would highly suggest the exerb package.
>
> Alrighty - I'm finally getting around to checking it out. I'm trying to
> squeeze this in the cracks of time on the day job -- is there a 'getting
> started with exerb' doc or email discussion anywhere? It appears I need
> to make an .rbc file, but I'm a little sketchy on it. I'll continue
> diving in, but some advance pointers would be nice if
> anyone's got anything.

There are docs in the exerb distribution that outline the basics of it. The
sourceforge page of the project has the one-liner you need to make an
initial recipe file:

  $ ruby -r exerb/mkrbc foo.rb

Works quite well. I have had trouble using YAML with exerb, but haven't had
a chance to investigate it further. Other than that, everything I've tried
has worked fine, and I haven't even had to hand-edit the generated recipe
file.

The one thing I did that was a bit more complex was to build a new rbx file
for 1.8.0... but even that wasn't too tough.

HTH,

Nathaniel

<:((><