Dmitry V. Sabanin [mailto:sdmitry / lrn.ru] wrote:

> I have a question about TestUnit. How can i set a human-readable name for
my
> TestCase? I see name argument for a new, but i don't know where class
> instance is initialized. That would be nice if i could change name of TC
from
> setup().

I'm having trouble understanding what it is you want to change the name of.
In Test::Unit, what happens is that your TestCase class is initialized once
for each test that it contains. So if you have a TestCase like this:

  class TC_Me < Test::Unit::TestCase
    def test_me
    end

    def test_me_too

The framework will call the constructor of your TestCase once for each test:

  TC_Me.new(:test_me)
  TC_Me.new(:test_me_too)

Thus, the TestCase is 'named' once for each test that it contains.

I'm guessing that you're asking this question because you want to change the
output somehow... I might be able to help more if I can get a better feel
for what you're trying to accomplish.

HTH,

Nathaniel

<:((><