Scripsit ille aut illa ?daz? <dooby / d10.karoo.co.uk>:
> "Rudolf Polzer" <denshimeiru-sapmctacher / durchnull.ath.cx> wrote:
> > - coroutines and generators are obviously NOT contained in the rest of Ruby.
> > - goto is a subset of setjmp/jongjmp and therefore not in Ruby (or is it?)
> >
> > Well, you all know that goto can be done using case, well, at least something
> > similar:
[...]
> > $lineno = 0
> > while $lineno do
> >   $newlineno = $lineno + 1
> >   case $lineno
> >     when                   100; puts "Hello World"
[...]
> puts "Hello World"
> i = 0
> callcc do | $goto160 |
[...]

Well, that was not my point.

I wanted to show that something *like* goto can be done without
callcc. The question was "which things can you do with callcc but not
without".

And I wanted to show that callcc is a feature that replaces multiple
other features of other languages. Namely coroutines, generators, goto,
setjmp/longjmp.

I hope nobody finds a way of implementing a COME FROM as well as ABSTAIN
FROM COMING FROM etc.

--
Erst lesen, dann posten.
Siehe auch <3d864c66$0$3247$a5ec1103 / news.ilse.asys-h.de>.