On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 12:38 AM, Ben Giddings wrote:

> [snip]

> I actually understood that -- I just found it confusing.  Offhand, I
> can't think of other Ruby classes that don't have a constructor, and
> can only be created by a method in an unrelated class or module.

If they're created, they have a constructor. The constructor is not
visible within Ruby. It is rare, except for the bootstrapping that gets
Ruby going in the beginning.

>  Besides, it doesn't precisely call a function passing the current
> continuation, it yields to a block, passing in the current
> continuation, if I understand things.
> [snip]

The block contains a function.

Regards,

Mark

The Master said: "Am I a man of great wisdom? Hardly! Even when a
simple person brings me a question, my mind goes utterly blank. I just
thrash it out until I've exhausted every possibility."

Confucious, The Analects