On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 10:47  PM, Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> To liken this to natural languages, isn't this much like the
> French condemning Latin for it's foolish practice of conjugation?

Naah, it's more like how teenagers are so incredibly embarrassed to be
seen with their parents.  Sometimes the teenagers are overly sensitive
about their parents' flaws.  Sometimes, they are simply right.  I mean,
black socks with flip-flops?  C'mon!

Perl is fun.  If there were no Ruby I'd probably still use it.  Doing
OO-ish programming in Perl... that's black socks and flip-flops.

Ben