You know what would be cool?  If one wrote an installer with wxRuby which
could get run from the configuration script.

#!/bin/sh
# installer.sh

RUBYLIB="."
PATH="."

ruby installer.rb

Then THAT could install Ruby togeter with all the appropriate libraries
and stuff.

I once saw a self-extracting Linux program that was essentially a bash
script with a pile of binary data packed at the end.  If I could just
remember how they did that...

Well, I'll keep thinking.
--
Daniel Carrera | PGP: 6643 8C8B 3522 66CB D16C D779 2FDD 7DAC 9AF7 7A88
Math PhD. UMD  | http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/pgp.html

Weekly Smile:
        There are 10 types of people in the world...
        Those who understand binary -  and those who don't.